Dec 28, 2013

Shahi Tukray - White Bread Pudding (Lovely guest post by Haffa Kitchen Adventures)

cook desserts, White Bread Pudding
Thank God I am done with my papers and BACK ON BLOGGING. Hope I could get some good grades in my exam too Lolx. Well i have come up again with a guest post by my sweet sweet friend, Haffa Bexi  recently blogging on Haffa's kitchen Adventures. She is not merely good in cooking but i have also find her a very sincere, cute and a charming lady. She always come up with a new thing, which I like most about her is the innovation and her friendly behavior. We met on Blogger, and now she is one of my sweetest and a lovely friend. She has a huge collection of good recipes on her blog. When I asked her about the Guest Post; she agreed on sharing some of her good stuff with my readers " SHAHI TUKRAY" .. Seriously speaking, I have never ever tried Shahi tukrays before, I know it sounds hilarious, but it's true. Last time I had them when my mother in law cooked them. Loving the pictures sent to me by Haffa. Mouth watering ;) I just love the juicy flavor when it comes with bread and milk enriched with cream &  some nuts. Seriously I am very thankful to Haffa, because of her beautiful recipe now i am able to make some for my family :D..  Not only me I must say you should try this yum recipe too.  

Well she wants to say something I am going to quote her wonderful recipe with her beautiful words:-
Salam & love to sweet readers of My sweet friend Monu Teena of "Recipes Passion",
I am Haffa Bexi, a food blogger from Pakistan, doctor by profession. I love to cook different dishes of different cuisines. Blogging has become my favorite hobby since few months, and especially after meeting Monu Teena on blogger. I have no words to praise my cute little friend! She is one of my best friends & is a talented intelligent blogger. One of the God gifted girly I have got! Love u Monu! Her blog "Recipes Passion" is a wonderful blog, and she is the master in baking! I am so excited to write a guest post for my dear friend Teena. And thanx dear for inviting me to ur blog!
Today I am bringing to u a different yummilacious dessert named Shahi Tukra/ Royal dessert.
Shahi tukray Well, it's a rich dessert delicacy, made with deep fried bread, soaked in sweetened condensed milk, flavored with cardamom powder & then topped with crushed dry crunchy nuts & cream. Shahi Tukra is perfect royal dessert to prepare for special occasions and Pakistani/ Indian ceremonies. If you are health conscious, then u can toss the bread with little oil/butter instead of deeply fried in oil. It can be served both cold n hot, acc to ur wish & taste. :) Here is its recipe:

BREAD DESSERT - SHAHI TUKRAY - ROYAL TOAST
Ingredients you will need:
8-10 of Bread Slices
1 tin (397 gm)  of Sweetened Condensed Milk                        
1 liter of Milk                                                                
1 tbsp of Cornflour                                                      
4 Green cardamom (Choti Ilaychi) ground              
Few (Finely sliced) of Dry nuts (Almonds, Pistachio)                   
 2 wooden spoon of Oil                                                                 
Saffron Optional
Cream Optional

Steps to follow:
First of all cut the slices of bread in triangle shape from center.
cook desserts, White Bread Pudding
You can remove the edges of the bread if you wish.
cook desserts, White Bread Pudding
Heat oil in a pan and fry the bread on medium flame, until both sides are brown and crispy.
cook desserts, White Bread Pudding
Like this:
cook desserts, White Bread Pudding
Remove and keep aside.
cook desserts, White Bread Pudding
Meanwhile mix the condensed milk, cornflour and 1 liter milk in a pan and boil it.
Add cardamom powder and saffron (Optional) in it. Cook on medium flame until it thickens and reduces half its quantity.

Next arrange the bread slices in a dish & pour the thickened milk over it like this:
cook desserts, White Bread Pudding
Refrigerate it for few hours until chilled.

Next carefully place them in the serving dish & top with finely sliced almonds/pistachio and cream if u want [Optional] :) Pour some thickened milk on its side and serve :)
cook desserts, White Bread Pudding
Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope u enjoy this recipe :)


The recipes from which i was too fascinated were the;


Will definitely wait for your feed back and appreciation to Haffa Bexi .. Love you guys             ~ Monu Teena

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely mouth watery shahi tukra. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanku fr ur sweet words monu <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh.. any thing for you my dear :* your Welcome ;)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a mouthwatering shahi tukda... awesome guest post as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rafeeda for your lovely words and visiting my place <3

      Delete
  5. Shahi tukda looks rich, delecious and tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Arthy for being my guest plus thanks to Haffa for the lovely shahi tukday guest post :)

      Delete
  6. Awesome looking shahi tukras, pictures are really tempting. Thank you Haffa & Monu for sharing this mouthwatering dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ambreen dear <3 Yeah I am really thankful for Haffa for doing a guest post for me <3 In fact I have never tried Shahi Tukray Before lolz but will try too hehe ~ loving them

      Delete

Thank you all so much for taking the time to visit my blog!
I really like reading comments & Feedbacks from you people ..
Love Admin ~ Recipes Passion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...