Jan 24, 2014

"Cake Rusks" : Cake Recipes, Tea Cakes

Cake Rusk Recipe, Tea cakes, cake recipes,

Good Morning Everyone! Today I have "Cake Rusk Recipe " for you guys. Best goes with tea or coffee, & a delightful snack to take. It's an Asian Dessert, a Biscotti; double baked cookies;very simple to make and prepare. 

Preparation has been divided into 2 steps; 
1)   Bake it as a cake (with a slight change of ingredients and their quantity); 
2)  By cutting out the rectangular strips, these are baked twice. Leaving a Perfect with crispy and Golden looks. 
Again it's a request by one of my sweet sweet friend, 'Sam',  who wanted to make for her family breakfast. I tried these for the first time, but trust me guys it turned out so well more than my expectations. I've just made the half quantity of the actual recipe; seriously speaking didn't wanted to waste all ingredients as it was my first trial. 

Actual Recipe was :
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1/2 cup Butter/Margarine
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp Vanilla essence
  • 3/4 cup Icing/Powdered Sugar
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • few drops of Yellow color
  • Pinch of Salt 
  • Square Baking pan 8 X 8 inches

CAKE RUSK RECIPE; I WENT FOR  { (all the ingredients in Actual Recipe) / 2) }


  • 1 egg + 1/2 Egg (just beat a single egg and make it 1/2)
  • 1/4 cup Butter/Margarine
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
  • 3/8 cup Icing/Powdered Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • few drops of Yellow color
  • Salt ; Less than a Pinch
  • Loaf Baking Pan 8.5 X 4.5 inches
Steps to follow:
  • Pre-Heat your oven up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 Degrees Centigrade). Little grease the Baking Pan. (Oven setting : Bottom rods alone should heat up)
  • Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together. Keep it aside
  • Now take a large bowl, start beating Butter/Margarine till creamy. Meanwhile add Icing sugar. Wait until it smooth batter is formed
  • Time to add eggs. Keep in mind eggs should be added one by one at a time. Beat the batter continuously till these are fully incorporated.
  • Stop Beating. With the help of Spatula gently add the sieved ingredients. Mix it properly.
  • Take out the Batter into a greased pan, spread it evenly with the help of spatula.
Cake Rusk Recipe, Tea cakes, cake recipes,
  • Bake it for 25 to 35 minutes. you can insert a toothpick by checking out if its completely baked.
  • Turn the cake out and let it cool at room temperature.
Cake Rusk Recipe, Tea cakes, cake recipes,


  • Oven setting at this time : Let the rods to heat up for both bottom and the top ;
  • Cut out the strips leaving almost 1 inch of thickness.
Cake Rusk Recipe, Tea cakes, cake recipes,
  • Place them on a oven tray covered with Aluminium Foil 
Cake Rusk Recipe, Tea cakes, cake recipes,
  • Bake it for another 5 to 10 minutes till they change their color to golden brown.
Remove, let them cool. Enjoy the freshly baked Cake rusks with your morning tea/coffee along with your family & friends.

Note : Procedure stay same for both cases the actual or half one

Cake Rusk Recipe, Tea cakes, cake recipes,

Award i was honoured with:

                                                            Badge

37 comments:

  1. Yummy ..... would love to munch few, delicious looks and colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sanoli :) Have some :) you are always welcome dear :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks a lot my dear for following me and for your comment :) and stopping by my place :) it's a fun to be your follower too.. Love you ~

      Delete
  3. Wow Teena, they look really soft and delicious, love the color...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Let me keep some share for your son too my dear :) thanks a lot for stopping n following me ... love to follow you too :) darlin ;)

      Delete
  5. Looks absolutely yummy!! I've got a classic biscotti recipe coming up. Bring some of yours over for a tea party!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow so we gonna have some tea party :) looking forward for more recipes at your place.. Shar kay.. do bring some of your German cookies :D i loved them too hehehe

      Delete
  6. lovely fresh rusks,well explained

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harini.. Yeah i tried to :) just wanted to create a comfort level especially for the Beginners.. Love you ~

      Delete
  7. a lovely dessert for a cup of tea or coffee. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Catherine for your sweet sweet comment my dear <3 Yeah .. will keep your share for sure ;) Hugs :)

      Delete
  8. These are my family's favorite. Looks great, perfect with a cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank a lot Ambreen , Loveeeee :* in fact i had to make these twice on my husband's request :D But i am loving your almond cake rusks; just saw that version, quite delicious.. shall try yours :) Hugs ~

      Delete
  9. Love the rusks contents done with baking again. I shall keep the recipe aside for my baking venture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much my dear.. Yeah do try .. Hope it turns out good :) my family was loving it ... do not forget to share your experience too :) Love ~

      Delete
  10. i love cake rusks... this looks so tempting... really good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Rafeeda for your lovely comment; Love ~

      Delete
  11. Cake looks divine..love this anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dear Vidya for your lovely comment :)

      Delete
  12. These cake rusks look so perfectly golden and delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dear for your lovely comment :-*

      Delete
  13. Looks so delicious! My mom wants me to try this recipe, she has been sharing it with friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds great to me B-) thanks a lot my darling to you n your mom :-* hope it will turn out good :-) do try and I love if you share me the result how they turned out muwah :-* hugs

      Delete
  14. DAMN these look perfect. I need this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot aiza for stopping by my place :-) you can have these for sure my dear ;-)

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks smitha for stopping by my place :) I have followed you, glad if you follow me back :) nad thank a lot for your sweet sweet comment; love :* Monu

      Delete
  16. Very interesting and I love the crunch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for taking the time to visit my blog!
I really like reading comments & Feedbacks from you people ..
Love Admin ~ Recipes Passion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...