Thanks a lot Shazzy Karim from Seasoned with Shazzy for giving me a slot at your place. Being a guest at her place, was a wonderful experience for me. Although its a 3rd Guest Post of mine. Probably, two days ago, when she asked me for a guest Post, I started working on it. Finally it is decided, well sharing Coconut Cake topped with raisin and almonds. I have modified the recipe with the variance of ingredients in an ordinary Coconut Cake, just a different version, that turned out my cake more moist and soft. Hope you are going to like my recipe.
COCONUT CAKE RECIPE ENRICHED WITH NUTS
Ingredients you will need:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of White granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Oil
- 1/4 cup of Butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup of desiccated Coconut
- 3 tbsp of Warm milk
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
- 1 + 1/8 cup of all-purpose Flour
- 1 1 /2 tsp of heaped Baking Powder
- Few Raisins (I used golden and dark raisins) and Almonds/Walnuts
Steps to follow
- Pre - Heat your oven up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 Degrees Centigrade). Little grease the 8 '' round pan.
- Sieve all-purpose flour and Baking Powder together. Set them aside.
- Take a Bowl, first you have to beat the eggs till fluffy & creamy. Meanwhile add Oil, Butter, Brown sugar, White Sugar and Vanilla essence respectively one by one, resulted in a nice fluffy batter.
- With a help of Spatula, gently add the sieved ingredients, then coconut and warm milk. Mix them together.
- Take out the batter into a greased pan.
- Bake it for 30 to 40 minutes. Check out if its completely baked, by inserting a tooth pick.
- Remove it from the pan, cool it on a wire rack. Just Enjoy the coconut nutty Cake ;)
The Recipe was featured at Cotton Rush. Do check out her place..
© RECIPES PASSION: All the images and content is copyright protected. No one can use it without my prior permission. If you want to republish the recipe, write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.